Re: Microshield/Isoshield Codes

I concurr wholeheartedly with Bill Lipton's reply re Microshield.  I have
used the program extensively over recent years and found it a very easy and
flexible program to use.  It also has a good set of nuclide libraries.

David Hambley

>--Boundary-2208149-0-0
>
>I would highly recommend "Microshield."  It is easy to use and
>well-documented.  Validation documentation is available, and I have found the
>vendor, Grove Engineering, helpful when I called.  I don't think that
>specialized training is needed, but you should carefully read the
>documentation to be sure that you understand the notation, limitations, and
>assumptions used.
>
>Bill Lipton
>The opinions expressed are strictly mine.
>

>--Boundary-2208149-0-0

>From:"radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu" <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
>To: Multiple,recipients,of,list,radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
>Subject: Microshield/Isoshield Codes
>

>I need to perform a variety of dose projections (best guesses) on sheilded
>and unsheilded odd shaped sources.  I would appreciate any feedback on the
>Microshield and Isoshield codes, including personal experience, contacts for
>purchasing these codes, and training workshops for these codes.  Thanks in
>advance,
>
>Mike Lewandowski        mikelew@tis.eh.doe.gov
>Westinghouse/WIPP       (505)234-8419
>

>--Boundary-2208149-0-0--

          David Hambley
          Senior Safety Engineer, Nuclear Safety Unit
          Autralian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation
          Private Mailbag 1, Menai, NSW 2234
          Australia
          e-mail: dih@ansto.gov.au
          Tel:   (02) 717 3236