Re: Resuspension Factors

Danny Rice --

Resuspension factors in the literature range over at least 12 orders of
magnitude.  Brodsky published in Health Physics some years back a practical
value or, as he called it, 'magic number' of 10E-6, and since then has
pubblished a number of other articles relevant to your question..  You
should also check the excellent albeit old but still great work of Jack
Healy on surface contamination.  My own ancient document on environmental Pu
gives the range of 13 orders of magnitude, and I chose 10E-4, but that was a
very conservative value.  More recently, the work by Bill Kennedy and Dennis
Strenge at Hanford relating to decomissioning published as PNL-7994 (1992)
is very much better and recommended.  Finally, back in the old days, Birney
Fish did a lot of work and these documents should be consulted.

Good luck; if I can be of further help, give me a private call -- 509-375-5643.

Ron Kathren

       I am looking for background data concerning resuspension factors for