Re: Ra where you least suspect it

Supervisor, Radiation Dosimetry & Records
User ID-RUH; Mail Stop-4147;  Ext. 6-1973
We came across several of these Alnor (it was spelled correctly!)
dewpointers in 1990, tucked away in an instrumentation pool here at the
Idaho National Engineering Lab (INEL) when we were doing a
"comprehensive, top-to-bottom" survey of all our facilities. We also
found about everything else that has been recently reported by radsafers
as containing naturally-occurring radiaoactivity.

*** Reply to note of 05/28/96 16:10
To: RADSAFE --INELMAIL RADSAFE

Subject: Re: Ra where you least suspect it

 Franz Schoenhafer asked for information on uses for Ra-226 sources.  I
 found Ra-226 in dewpoint measuring devises manufactured by Alnor (hope
 this is spelled right, it was with a former employer and I don't have any
 records to check).  It became such a hassle from a source control
 standpoint, keeping track of who had the instruments and were they
 properly trained that it was cheaper to buy new digital instruments that
 didn't need Ra-226 to help fog the chamber.

 Standard disclaimer