Re: Packaging

One of the consequences of the UN uniform classification and packaging
standards:

If you have old DOT 17H drums that have not been tested and MARKED per those
standards (POP - performance oriented packaging), you can use those drums
until October 1, 1996 - after that your waste contractor cannot accept them.
The UN nomenclature looks like this ---> UN 1H2/X340/S/94/USA.

There's a lot of info on the subject, however, there was a good one-page
synopsis written in the New Pig Tech catalog not too long ago.  I believe
Lab Safety Supply has put information out in their catalog as well.

I can fax the New Pig Tech article to those interested.

Regards,

-Erick Lindstrom

 Erick Lindstrom
 Radiation Safety Officer