Newspaper Story About Soviet Pu Workers in 40's and 50's

     Fellow Radsafers,

     I have just come across a May 25 newspaper clipping
     in the Ottawa Citizen discussing the story
     of Soviet weapons facility workers in the
     late 40's and early 50's.

     The article says that there were very poor
     working conditions at the plant at Dubna
     and that a number of workers died of an
     apparently Pu-induced pneumo-sclerosis.

     I apologize if this is old news to you
     but I would like to know if there is more
     information out there on this topic.

     Jim Presley
     Health Physicist
     AECB