Re: ? lead hazard

Hi Radsafers,

I recently built a Hot Cell, which contains around 6-700 count 20-30
pound interlocking lead bricks.  The bricks were stored outside, and some
had a white oxide coat on them.  Gloves were worn most of the time while
handling - leather work gloves, so my hands would not be sore.  Most lead
cleaning (to find the numbers) was done outside, with a rag and a dry
brush.  Some drilling was done (pilot holes for sheet rock screws)
Respirators and dust masks were never worn.  I washed my hands with
phsycotic frequency (Cleanliness is next to Godliness) - about twice an
hour.  I know the health effects of lead and its MPC's (and that it is a
cumulative poison).  I need to know what I should logically worry about,
and where to get a blood test, if necessary.  I would appreciate any help
on this subject.  Please respond directly to me, unless you think your
response would be something everyone else may want to read.

Thank you,

Robert A. Jones
(409) 731-8219
RAJ6582@acs.tamu.edu