Re: Measurement of radioactivity of soil

A Martinelli beaker with a 3" x 3" NaI scintillation crystal works very
well. As I remember, counting times were about 30 minutes, but what is
the hurray? Martinelli beakers which fit nicely over the crystal are
commercially available at a modest price (or at least they were 10 years
ago), and they are reusable indefinitely.

Bernard L. Cohen
Physics Dept.
University of Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh, PA 15260