RE: Regulations from scratch

We recently requested information from Radsafers regarding monitoring
individuals in a university setting.  We've pursued eliminating a number
of badges determined to be unwarranted.  Only one principal investigator
expressed concern that his workers may have not receiving their monthly
"A-ok" report.  I expressed my concern to him regarding individuals
false security with regard to dosimetry.  It is not unusual to see P-32
users wearing dosimeters but not using a geiger counter.  These people
need to understand the importance of CONTAMINATION control.  This is
truly the exposure potential for most researchers using relatively small
quantities of material.  No dosimeter will hold up in a court of law
with regard to potential P-32 contamination or ingestion.  Education is
the key.  The less time (and $$) we spend distributing, collecting,
analyzing, reporting... the more time for training.  Agree??     (Never
realized I was a "soap box" kinda person!)

Kathi Elliott
Indiana University Medical Center
kelliott@wpo.iupui.edu