Radon and EMF Fields

Hi All

I received the following message from the Australian Radiation Protection
Society listserve. If anyone can help him, please email him directly.

>I am looking for a response to the published claim by a Prof Denis Henshaw,
>Bristol University UK, that radon and radon progeny will be attracted and/or
>ionised by electromagnetic fields generated by high voltage lines which
>could lead to increased doses and could be an lead to any health effects of
>EMF fields.  I recall seeing somewhere a comment from NRPB that if there was
>any effect it was more likely to be negative because of  increased plate out.
>
>I would be grateful for suggestions on authoritive responses or reviews of
>the claimed association between radon and EMF fields.
>

>John Harries
>Environment Division
>Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation (ANSTO)
>PMB 1,  Menai, NSW 2234, Australia
>Phone: +61 2 717 3896  Fax: : +61 2 717 9260  Email: jrh@ansto.gov.au

  Alex Zapantis
  Radiation Safety Officer
  Queensland University of Technology
  Acting Manager
  Health & Safety Section
  Victoria Park Road                 Ph     : 61 7 3864 3566
  Kelvin Grove Qld 4059             fax     : 61 7 3864 3993
  AUSTRALIA                           Email  : a.zapantis@qut.edu.au

    "From the moment I could talk I was ordered to listen."

                                                               Cat Stevens