RAM Transportation

David:
49 CFR is applicable for shipments in commerce.  SST operations are GOGO
(Government-owned/government operated) and are outside of commerce, and
therefore not subject to DOT jurisdiction.

However, it is DOE policy, and required in the SST operational procedures
that full compliance with DOT is required for shipments carried by TSD
vehicles (except where a communication requirement will violate National
Security considerations).

If you do not know the transportation contacts at ALO, please contact me
offline at my email address, and I can assist you.

For radioactive material shipped via exclusive in an SST, is this shipment
exempt from the CFRs?  (49 CFR for DOT, 10 CFR 71 for NRC)

David P. Harrison, HP
DOE Los Alamos Area Office
528 35th Street
Los Alamos, NM 87544