Re: Radiation Detector Calibrations

Chris:

What you are proposing to do is exactly what we do. We have
done this for many years, is written in our license and has
been acceptable.  We have very few labs that measure mR/hr.
Does not make sense to calibrate with Cs source.  We pulse the
instruments for cpm scale calibration and them use various
sources to obtain efficiency and ensure meter responds to
actual radiation.

D. Steva
University of Virginia

According to CCHOGAN@life.uams.edu: