Re: Re[3]: Regulations from scratch

>     The seminar put on by Mr. Jose and Mr. Wiedes is excellent.  Any
>     facility with a little bit of money would do well to have them come
>     and talk to their personnel.  You could probably easily work with
>     several facilities in the area and have it hosted in a single location
>     to split the cost.

These two are probably the most experienced attorneys in defending radiation
injury claims in the country, and they speak with great authority. They do
presentations at a lot of functions, including professional society meetings
attended by people like those who manage the likes of us Radsafers. After
your management has listened to the sermon, you can expect questions about
how your program is prepared to deal with potential claims. Because of this,
I recommend that every HP manager and professional attend this kind of seminar.

Beyond that, the best person you can take with you to the seminar is your
most senior Vice President/Division Director/or equivalent. Making available
the resources to address the issues raised in the seminar will ultimately
involve very high level management.

>     Once again, Jose and Wiedes is money well spent.

I wholeheartedly agree.

Bob Flood
Unless otherwise noted, all opinions are mine alone.
(415) 926-3793
bflood@slac.stanford.edu