Re: Pregnancy forms

If they asked, I'd advice them to consult their lawyer and I'd stay
entirely out of the situation, since it is not a radiation safety
issue.  However, If I was an employee of the college, I'd recommend
the college consult with their lawyers over the form and review the
case law (include Johnson Controls), since a lawsuit could be a major
liability.

Wes

> Date:          Fri, 28 Jun 96 12:02:51 -0500
> From:          "Brian Scott, ESH1" <bgs@lanl.gov>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu>
> Subject:       Pregnancy forms

> Recently I was shown an acknowledgement form that was required to
> be signed by females entering a two-year college x-ray
> technologist program. The form stated that pregnancy (declared or
> not) during the program or the admission process would result in
> termination.
>
> Is this an acceptable practice? What guidance should be given to
> someone who wishes to enter the program?

Wesley M. Dunn, C.H.P.                     512-834-6688
Deputy Director, Licensing                 512-834-6690 (fax)
(Texas) Bureau of Radiation Control        wdunn@brc1.tdh.state.tx.us