Subject: RE: Radon Question from Occ-Med-Env
Author:  radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu at INTERNET
Date:    7/1/96 11:17 PM

The only protection that may be offered from radon (a gas) is an air
supplied respirator or a self contained breathing apparatus.  However, the
radon is not the exposure problem, the radon progeny are the culprits and
protection may be offered to some degree by a negative pressure respirator
with a HEPA filter cartridge.