Free Release

Radsafers,

My apologies if this topic has already been discussed.  I am in the process
of reworking our facility's Free Release Policy/Procedure and I am looking
for input on how to perform adequate surveys of the following items for
release to unrestricted areas:

1) Concrete blocks
2) Wood - shelves,pallets, misc. scrap, etc...
3) Items smaller than the surface area of a packake probe or items smaller
than 100 cm2 (we have a
     wide area probe also).  Items such as nuts, bolts, etc...
4) Pipe, hoses, tubing
5) Small electric motors

Mike Herbst
University at Buffalo