Re: Antw: Pregnant policies in Europe?

>At this stage I'll refrain from any comment on the practicality of this
>article in the BSS, but one might ponder on :
>- At what stage of foetal devellopment are external stressors as
>radiation most harmfull?
>- At what stage in pregnancy will a female worker (want to) know she is
>pregnant?
>- How soon will she inform 'the undertaking' about her pregnancy?

I have informally made the following suggestion to our Reproductive Health
Hazards committee: in my opinion a woman who is planning to become pregnant
could reasonably declare pregnancy at each ovulation and revoke it at each
menstruation, continuing this cycle until a pregnancy is confirmed.  Note
that nothing in our rules requires a declared pregnant worker to have
medical confirmation of the pregnancy.

Stay safe, mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)