Re: Antw: Pregnant policies in Europe? -Reply

>The period of time where the embryo-fetus is most radiosensitive is from
>8 to 15 weeks post-conception.  I believe this is when neurogenesis is
>occurring.

I, also, have read this statement, but I interpret it as follows.
We know that irradiation from 8 to 15 weeks post conceptions sometimes
results in teratogenic effects.  We have very little knowledge of the
results of irradiation before 8 weeks, though I have read some suggestions
that it might increase the rate of spontaneous abortions. The risk is
small, but this is not much comfort to those who are planning a pregnancy.

Stay safe, mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)