Re: Dose Rates from Patients

The reason for the "in one hour" vs. rate is that one could take the extreme
position that the rate can be based on the maximum current, not taking into
account the beam rep rate and pulse length.  It is not intended to account
for occupancy.  Occupancy CAN be used, on the other hand, but very
carefully, to decide on other things, such as need for dosimetry, etc., but
even then, NOT in High Radiation Areas.

At 02:45 PM 7/10/96 -0500, it was written:
>My unclear point was that personnel occupancy could be controlled to
>avoid the designation. As could "on time" for machine produced radiation.
>Why else would it be written "in one hour" than as a rate ?

Scott O. Schwahn, CHP
Operational Health Physicist
(757)249-7551 (w)
(757)249-7363 (fax)