Re: Film Badging...

I'm afraid that your email address tells everyone where you are. Anonymity of
institution isn't possible, as far as I know, on the Internet, at least for
academic and governmental users.
To try to answer your question: the RSO is responsible for the safe use of
radiation, whatever the source, even though it's technically a matter of
materials licensure. The regulations on particle accelerators (e.g. medical
linacs) usually use the term RSO, at some place. The individual states are
responsible for regulating the use of x-ray machines. In the case of
California, which is an Agreement State, it is also the RAM licensing entity.
Your RSO should have a complete copy of the regs, including those pertaining
to the use of x-ray machines, so ask him/her first. Failing that (?!!),
copies of the regs can be obtained from the Department of Health (I think
that's what they call it) in Sacramento. Sorry, but their phone number seems
to have fallen off my cardex. Whoever has been doing your medical physics
consulting would know, though. Good luck.
Chris Alston