RE: E-mailing dose records

Gosh!  I never meant to imply that the RSO should not be informed of an
individual's exposure when I said that the individual's boss should not
automatically be informed of a trivial exposure.  It's just that I've never
worked anyplace where the RSO was the boss.  What I want is a method of
informing an individual of any exposure without having to also inform anyone
who does not have a right to know (e.g., without having to post it on the
wall)  The individual's supervisor (i.e., the "boss") does not *have* to be
informed unless the RSO deems it necessary.
In Message Fri, 12 Jul 96 13:13:58 -0500,
  Mike Bielby <bielby@interserv.com> writes:

>I work for a dosimetry company, and am overseeing a project to convert our
>ancient computer system over to something more modern. We will have a web page
>that will allow browsing, downloading, and local printing of reports in an
>uneditable format, as well as a data file that the client can manipulate.
>Unreturned badge lists, ALARA reports, adds, drops, barcodes, e-mail, the whole
>enchilada.
>
>I interpret the above request as for notification to the badge wearer of their
>dose directly, bypassing "the boss". While this is technically feasible,
>assuming (huge assumption) everyone who is badged has an e-mail account, the
>boss, as licensee (or representative), is responsible for tracking and limiting
>employee dose under that license. I can't imagine a scenario where an RSO would
>not demand dose report info for everyone badged.
>
>If that info was also e-mailed to the wearer to avoid having to post it
>publically, there would be the admin burden of keeping the vendor notified of
>everyone's current e-mail address, increased disk space requirements, still
>needing to post for those without e-mail, etc.
>
>Frankly, I don't think it would work very well.
>
>If anyone has suggestions beyond the usual for dosimetry vendor electronic data
>access I would appreciate a personal note. I'll be leaving for the HPS summer
>school today so I  apologize in advance for not acknowledging your input
>promptly. Thanks.
>
>Mike Bielby
>TLD Technical Manager
>Radiation Detection Company