PuBe (fwd)

Dear Radsafe

I am forwarding this question from a student I work with.

Any information would be helpful.  Please reply to me and I
will pass on info.  Thanks.

D. Steva
dps3c@fVirginia.edu
> > > To whom it may concern,
> > >
> > > I am currently working with a 5 Ci Pu-Be source(Pu-239).  I
> > > need to know what the construction and constitution of the cylinder is.
      The cylinder is 10 cm in length and about 2.5 cm in diameter.  Is
> > > the Pu and Be intimately mixed or is the Pu encapsulated in a
> > > Be shell.  I presume there is a generic design for this
      type of source. Is the Pu concentrated anywhere within the cylinder
      or uniformly spread throughout length.