Re: Bioassay for Docs with I-131 procedure

This is usually a matter of specific licensure. But, it's hard to see why
anyone in the described scenario would need a bioassay, unless they'd handled
the capsule with their bare hands. I'd think that the only potential source
of exposure would be a belch by the patient, subsequent to the dissolution of
the capsule. If the liquids are not encapsulated, of course, all the patient
has to do is speak, to generate radioiodinated aerosols.

Chris Alston