75 Volt Batteries

Hello Radsafers.

I recently became the proud owner of a Hoffman Laboratories
Countermaster Geiger counter/scaler, in it's original packaging (and
still in the plastic bag liner!), with the original owner's manual and
calibration information. It has never been used. I'm trying to get it up
and running, but unfortunately, I can't find the proper batteries for
it. It requires two 75 volt batteries. Printed on the inside of the case
are these possibilities: Burgess XX50, Eveready 437, R.C.A. VS217,
Philco P144, Ray-o-vac 4375, and General 144. All avenues I've tried
indicate that these batteries are no longer made. If you know of any
equivalent, or know where I might find these, please contact me.

Also, does anyone know the vintage of this machine? It's got vacuum
tubes and a spring driven timer!

Thanks in advance. Please contact me directly.

See you in Seattle!

Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/101      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
Radiation Safety Officer        Internet: Don@LMSC.Lockheed.com
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611