Re: Mixed Waste

Phosphoric acid is routinely used for electropolishing decontamination at
nuclear power plants.  The method to "clean up" the solution is to reverse
the electrical polarity and plate the contamination out on a sacrificial
anode/cathode.

Before you go to this much trouble I would try to determine what the isotope
is - many of the phosphate deposites contain uranium and the associated
daughter products which would indicate naturally occurring radioactivity and
normal disposal.  The other    At

Assuming licensed radioactive material, you might contact Chem Nuclear,
quadrex and other companies that use electropolishing and recycle the
phosphoric acid.  They probably won't buy it from you, but they may charge
you less than processing and disposal costs to take it off your hands.

Doug Turner  Email turners@earthlink.net