Re: Light Sensitive GM Tube -Reply

I believe that the outside of the window is coated with graphite.  This may
have flaked off, leaving a window for UV to enter the tube.  The graphite
coating can possibly be repaired using a substance called "Aquadag", which
is a colloidial suspension of graphite in water -  with a little ammonia
for stability.   I have not tried this, so I can't promise success.  Mr.
Frame is probably right in his suggestion to replace the tube.

Don Jordan                          Tel. (312) 702-6299
Office of Radiation Safety          Fax        702-4008
The University of Chicago           email: don@radpro.uchicago.edu
1101 East 57th Street, Room 11
Chicago, Illinois  60637
                -- Any opinions are the author's --