Radioactive Diapers

This question may have been placed here before but we are interested in
how other institutions deal with radioactive diapers coming from
diagnostic nuclear medicine patients.    We have a city incinerator
which has sodium iodide monitors at the gate.  If the monitor detects
radioactivity in the waste, the dumpster is placed in a holding area
until action is taken.  This may mean holding the dumpster for decay
(for Tc-99m) or contacting the State Department of Health and having the
radioactive items removed.  We have heard that some places have
detectors placed on site so no radioactive items leave the institution.
Does anyone have experience/advice on how to avoid having these items
leave their institution?  Thank you in advance!

Jeff Mason,
Indiana Univ. Medical Center
JMASON@WPO.IUPUI.EDU