Re: Uranium colors

Mike, Yes the colors are indicative of the chemical form.  The Dark brown
color is UO-2 and the black color UO-3 both highly insoluble ( ceramic fuel
pelleta are UO-2).  The "Yellow Cake" is probably uranyl nitate or ammonium
diuranate both of which are highly soluble and have a biological half life
of hours to days in the human body.  Uranium hexaflouride is a whitish
yellow which is also very soluble with a short biological half life , but
the fluoride toxicity is controlling,

Doug Turner <turners@earthlink.net>