Re: NORM REGS AND CRCPD

David S. Gooden attached the following (among other points):

>          What disposal methods should be allowed?  Is land farming,
>       which is a viable option for the disposal of many petroleum waste
>       products, proper for some NORM waste?  For example, on-site land
>       farming may be an appropriate method of disposal if NORM levels
>       are not too high.  The real and measurable dangers of death or
>       injury due to the operation of heavy earth moving equipment and
>       highway trucks could be avoided by allowing land farming in certain
>       situations.

Let's not forget the real and measurable dangers of death and injury due to
operation of FARM EQUIPMENT.  Statistics aren't at my fingertips, but I
believe farming has been listed among the most dangerous occupations in the USA.

Albert Lee Vest           The Ohio State University
Health Physicist           Room 101 Research Center
(614)292-1284                     1314 Kinnear Road
vest.1@osu.edu               Columbus OH 43212-1168
My employer did not review or approve this message.