I have an antique

 Tucked away in a little used corner of a lab, we discovered an old radiation
 detector. We are guessing that it came from an area monitor for a high energy
 gamma lab that was decommissioned over 25 years ago. There are no dates on the
 detector, so its actual age is unknown.

 The detector head appears made of brass and is 4-1/2 inches (11.7 cm) in
 length by 1-7/8 inches (4.7 cm) with walls apparantly 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) thick.
 Projecting from the back end of this chamber is a small copper tube which has
 been crimped and soldered shut - apparantly a gas fill tube used during the
 manufacturing of the detector. Also attached to the back end is an aluminum
 tube 3 inches (7.6 cm) in length and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter which looks
 like a handle but could possibly contain some circutry. There is a screw-type
 high-voltage connector on the end of this aluminum "handle".

 Upon the brass barrel of this device is a triangular emblem that reads
 "Radiation Counter Laboratories"; it is also labeled "Mark 2, Model 201, Serial
  127"