I have an antique, again

 Oops! I hit the send key by accident before I finished my previous posting
 (and also before I spell checked it) Here it is in its entirety (I hope).

 Tucked away in a little used corner of a lab, we discovered an old radiation
 detector. We are guessing that it came from an area monitor for a high energy
 gamma lab that was decommissioned over 25 years ago. There are no dates on the
 detector, so its actual age is unknown.

 The detector head appears made of brass and is 4-1/2 inches (11.7 cm) in
 length by 1-7/8 inches (4.7 cm) with walls apparently 1/8 inch (0.3 cm) thick.
 Projecting from the back end of this chamber is a small copper tube which has
 been crimped and soldered shut - apparently a gas fill tube used during the
 manufacturing of the detector. Also attached to the center of the back end is
 an aluminum tube 3 inches (7.6 cm) in length and 1 inch (2.5 cm) in diameter
 which looks like a handle but could possibly contain some circuitry. There is
 ascrew-type high-voltage connector on the end of this aluminum "handle".

 Upon the brass barrel of this device is a triangular emblem that reads
 "Radiation Counter Laboratories"; it is also labeled "Mark 2, Model 201,
 Serial 127". Along the side, it is also neatly stamped with BAC 115522,
 however this could be an old inventory number for the "Boeing Airplane
 Company".

 Does anyone recognize this device? Does anyone have a desire to have it? I
 wait with baited breath to see whether Ron Kathren or Paul Frame gets back to
 me first.

   Bruce Pickett
   The Boeing Company, Seattle, WA
   bruce.d.pickett@boeing.com