Re: Journal of Radiation Protection Dosimetry -Reply

Thanks to all of you that were helpful in your replies.  I even received a fax
from one gentleman with all the necessary information!

I'll try not to take Mr Schoenhofer's remarks personally, as he is
"apparently" not speaking about my request. I don't particularly like his
style though. :) But let me just respond, that in this case I spent over two
hours after normal quitting time (what a concept) looking for this elusive
journal through various web search engines including the UIUC Radsafe
Archive Gopher (which appears broken) and individually searching each
archive file without much success. I did find one reference in the UK to a
journal with a similar name.   My search for this journal was at the request
of one of our in house PHDs. He did not know or was not sure of the exact
title of the publication so I tried various permutations thereof without really
knowing if the one hit of a different name was what he was looking for.
The last thing I did was post to Radsafe.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Although I do respect your perseverance, I wonder if you might have
saved yourself about an hour and a half by phoning the reference desk of
Rice University (or any other major research university).  Not only do
these universities have extensive collections, they also have access to the
catalogs of other similar institutions.  I have always had good luck in
finding library personnel eager to help me.

Of course, if you want to really save yourself time, tell the Ph.D. to phone
the library himself (or herself, as the case may be).  After all, that person
had to spend a good three or four years living in libraries and really knows
how to get around in them.

Keith Brown (Ph.D.)
kdb1@nrc.gov

Opinions expressed may be in direct opposition to those of my employer
and everybody else.  So, what else is new.