Re: Journal of Radiation Protection Dosimetry

G'day y'all - without continuing this thread unnecessarily, I would like to
support Jeff Pettigrew's comments on the difficulty of finding information on
the web, and the usefulness of this forum.  I'm sure we are all at least a
little scared of sounding dumb on radsafe, but we all lack knowledge that
would seem elemental to others in very different situations, so lets not
discourage use of this list.

I would also like to support the comments by J P Davis on the lack of use of
international publications in the US.  As a health physicist involved in
regulatory-type work in Australia, I am constantly referring to the reports
of the ICRP, IAEA, UNSCEAR etc, journals from the UK and US, regulatory
documents from all around the world and our own Australian publications.  As
a health physicist on assignment to the Office of Reactor Regulation, US NRC
for one year, I was surprised at how little these international sources of
information seem to be used in US.  At least radsafe provides an opportunity
for international exchange of information.  Its a funny world, you know, and
the more I travel the more I laugh.  Lets not laugh at each other, though.

Now its late Friday - I have the same trouble as Jeff as getting to send
e-mail.  Avagoodweegend.

Daniel Westall
Nuclear Safety Bureau, Australia
daniel.westall@hhlgcs.ausgovhhcs.telememo.au