Dispersal of Spent Fuel

Good day.
I am looking for any references as to what happens to a spent MTR fuel
element when exploded. I am aware of the BORAX results, but we are more
interested in non-operational incidents. I would appreciate it if you
could point me in the right direction. This is an area outside of my
normal experience. Thankfully.

I doubt if this is of general interest and so please respond to the
address below if you can help.

Thanks.
John
John Harvey                            | McMaster University
Senior Health Physicist                | NRB-110
(905) 525-9140 ext 24226               | 1280 Main St. W.
harveyj@mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca         | Hamilton, Ont Canada L8S 4K1