Re: NPR piece

Hello, I an but a new Health Physicist (Colorado-Boulder may not agree to
my note)
I get upset obout the health risks of radiation (10,000 deaths/year).
Radon daughter products in homes, may carry the same magnitude of heath
risks but the tests are simple, and remediation is simple. 50,000 auto
deaths a year is better to worry about the the cost/benifit of power
plants (be they nucler or coal fired), Lets get real about radon or auto
accidents, or being 20-30 pounds over weight. and leave the power plants
alone since to change the radioactive emissions will cause large costs.
Attacking other risks with no benifits seems prudent. Myself, I'd like to
make sure my children don't smoke (tar & radionuclides.) And drive safely.
Thank You, Bob McNelly mcnelly@spot.Colorado.EDU