Tritium /Carbon-14 Stack Monitor

     RadSafers -

     We have just ordered an EG&G stack monitor for a new radio synthesis
     suite.  The monitor works by pulling an airstream from the stack,
     passing it through a particulate filter and then a bubbler system.
     The bubbler system consists of three vials in series that contain
     either water or ethylene glycol to scrub out the tritium oxide.  This
     is followed by a heating element that oxidizes the elemental tritium
     and passes the air stream through a second cascade of vials.  We will
     have a seperate bubbler series for the C-14 component.  These bubbler
     vials may contain a NaOH solution (the lab chemists have not given
     their recomendation yet).

     I have spoken to several people that I know that have this system and
     gotten some favorable comments and tips.  I would like to ask the
     opinion of anyone else that has experience with this type of system.

     What are the good and bad features?

     What problems, if any, should be anticipated?

     What is the best sorption media for the bubblers - water or ethylene
     glycol or something else?

     Is evaporation of the sorption media a problem for a long sample
     period?

     Any information would be greatly appreciated.  You can respond
     directly to me if you feel your information is too specific for the
     whole group.

     Thanks in advance,

     Mike Vala
     Bristol-Myers Squibb