GM TUBES

Dave,

One source information is Volume 3 of Attix, Roesch and Tochlin published by
Academic press. Page 280 of the volume presents a figure which shows counts
per minute per mR per hour for two types of GM tubes as a function of
energy. The figure is apparently based on work done by Auxier (Health
Physics annual progress report,ORNL 3347, pp 85-87,1962).

It is not unusual for information such as this to be given on "generic GM
tubes" See for example, figure 11 of IAEA technical report 152 (Evaluation
of Radiation Emergencies and Accidents-Selected Criteria and Data). This
figure shows the relative responses of "glass wall" and "aluminum wall" GM
tubes with no further identification of the tubes provided.

I don't think these are the references you saw. However, if I can be of
further assistance, please don't hesitate to call. I would be happy to fax
my information to you.

Nick

Nicholas M. Panzarino, CHP
Yankee Atomic Electric Co.