Contaminated Tool Labeling Exemption

     I am looking for a reference regarding the labeling of contaminated
     tools or the exemption which does not require them to be labeled.
     Currently the DOE states this exemption in DOE/EH-0256T Rev 1, but we
     are not a DOE facility. I checked INPO-88 for this exemption but I
     could not find it there. Could any radsafe subscribers direct me to
     the correct reference which allows a labeling exemption for
     contaminated tools as long as they are controlled in a tool crib and
     painted.

     Larry R. Sanders
     Sanders99@mps.osu.edu