Re: Background radiationlevel in USA

Rick,

Is this 'difference' from wood/prefab vs brick/concrete independent of radon
in the area (since I would have thought Australia had a wide variation in U/Th
concentrations. Is this with the same arbitrary WsubR used by ICRP to
"convert" radon decay product lung dose to "WB dose"? Also, does the paper
ref'd state the range of cosmic variation?

Does the difference in geography lead to population groups exposed to
significant differences (eg, the US geographic differences, eg, US EPA data);
and health effects studies (the Frigerio and related studies that contradict
the linear model for dose and cancer, and Bernie Cohen's radon studies that
confirm those results for radon and lung cancer)?

Thanks.

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com
Radiation, Science, and Health