Re: Technical Basis Documents

Perhaps I did not communicate well.

Yours was not a request for a simple few minutes of research and an answer,
but could have expanded many hours of research.  I know that my employeer
is paying me to do their work for my 40 hours a week. If you, your
"colleague", or others want to get free consulting of this magnitude I
think that Radsafe isn't the place.

You stated that "If you were a true professional, you would not hesitate to
offer assistance to a fellow professional - and not expect to be reimbursed
for the effort." At present I do not do consulting; however, am I to assume
from your comment that those HPs who are consulting should do it for free
so that they can assist another professional?  Should attorney Weidess do
his services to radiation safety related clients for free as assistance to
other professionals? I think not.

Please note that several HPs have called me to tell me that they too are
tired of being asked for free consulting via Radsafe.

I looked up "quid pro quo" and my use is correct and it stands. That is -
what will I or others "get in exchange for something else" by responding to
someone who is not even on Radsafe and therefore has made and will continue
to make no contribution to radsafe.

I also looked up "wisdom." It means good judgement. I fail to see how my
response was other than good judgement.

You stated that "I am not the least impressed with your bragged about "vast and
valuable" knowledge base." I made no such claim. It is customary to expect
that materials in quotes at least appear in the original text or have been
spoken by the person quoted.

 You commented that I must have "dreamed of growing up to be this
super-intelligent being but failed, and now you are stuck in one of the
government's financially unrewarding jobs and prey on people who you
think you can lambaste with your "expertise"."  The opposite is true. I
grew up in poverty in rural Florida, started working when I was 13 and have
worked every day of my life since them. I worked to put myself through high
school and college. It was working full time that caused me to take from
1966 to 1972 to get my BS at Purdue. As a youth my "dream" was not to be a
"super-intelligent being" - it was to put food on the table and a roof over
my head for me and my impoverished mother.

As to your comment about my being "stuck in one of the government's
financially unrewarding jobs" I find that I love it. I made the decision to
work here and they will allow me to quit at any time. I am at least as well
compensated as other HPs I know and find challenge in my job everyday.

MY comment was directed at an issue that many of us share. It had more to
do with having less staff and less budget - that eliminates many of the
oppertunities to do free consulting we would all enjoy.

Finally, my comment was one that told you my experience and offered help,
but on a pay for services basis. I see no reason for you to have turned
this into a personal attack. Lets look at who is being the professional and
who has stooped to name calling.

The above are my professional and personal comments and are not those of my
employer.

Paul