Trintiy Site is Positive PR??

 Gregory Perkins said:

>I was fortunate to be able to attend the 50th anniversary of the Trinity
>Site last year and was very impressed with the general information and
>demonstrations that were provided.  Perhaps additional information could be
>provided to the public with regard to the use of radioactive materials in
>medicine.  I think the public would gain some respect if they understood the
>variety of materials used and the number of medically related problems that
>can be diagnosed and combatted through the use of radioactive materials.

While the beneficial uses of radioactive materials in nuclear medicine are
vastly underappreciated by the general public, I wonder if the Trinity Site
is really the proper forum to indroduce them to such information.  The whole
idea of using Trinity as a health physics education center seems a bit odd
to me.  Using somewhere like Chicago University I could understand...but the
birth place of nuclear weaponry?  I should think that we would be eager to
divorce commonplace commercial and medical radiation usage from this
terrifying relative.

Gary L. Schroeder
Brookhaven National Laboratory
gs1@bnl.gov