Re: Bioassay

At 05:34 PM 9/19/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I'm in the process of developing a bioassay program.
>My rad safety program serves a relatively small number of users.  Normal
>operations do not produce exposures exceeding regulatory thresholds
>requiring bioassay.

I've got a dumb question:  If normal ops do not exceed the monitoring
threshold, why are you going to develop a bioassay program?  Would your time
not be better spent reinforcing the technical bases that you use to show
that you DONT need to monitor?  What's driving you to do the program even in
the absence of regulatory requirement?  I'm actually serious because my
facility is at the same level.  We do not currently have a bioassay program.
Some would argue we need to do some bioassay just to proove there is not a
problem.  Is that your approach?
Keith Welch
Newport News VA
welch@cebaf.gov