Trinity Site and Space Dose

The Health Physics journal form July 95 (Vol. 69 No.1) has a paper on
astronaut dose.

In regards to discussing radiation at Trinity, it may not be the best place
in the world to do it but you have to take what you can get.  We also have
the National Atomic Museum here in Albuquerque which links weapons, reactors
and radiation together.  Although we would like to be thought of in a
separate thought from weapons we will be considered one and the same until
we can change peoples perception.  This can only be done by public
education. I think we should take whatever opportunity presents itself and
be happy for the chance to educate someone.  I teach at a high school every
other Friday and find it very rewarding.  The perception of things nuclear
at the end of the year is vastly different from the beginning.  We can't
expect people to travel all over the country to find out about radiation
(I'm sorry we only discuss bombs here, you'll have to drive to Chicago for
that).  Well, I guess I'll give up the soapbox for now.

Kim Merritt, RRPT
Sandia Labs
kdmerri@sandia.gov

The opinions expressed here are mine, all mine.