Monitoring for Controlled Release

We are currently investigating setting up a system for the controlled release of
radioactive material following decay in storage.  At this time, we are looking
at holding liquid P-32 labelled material for a time and then allowing it to be
disposed in the regular sanitary landfill.  However, we would like to check jars
of this liquid prior to release to ensure that the levels are below the
prescribed limits, namely approximately 10 uCi per kilogram.  The jars contain
the liquid mixed with diatomaceous earth (DE) for stability.  We need the DE due
to the amount of transport and handling at our facility.  We anticipate having
to check about 100 bottles per month or more so we need something that can
handle the volume.

I would be interested in any suggestions or techniques that are currently being
used by the radsafe community for this procedure.  Any other information or
suggestions are welcome.

Regards,
Peter J. Fundarek
University of Toronto