Re: Error OLD X-RAY SHOE-FITTING MACHIN

Randall,

> Date: Mon, 23 Sep 1996 15:05:30 -0500
> From: Randall_F_Brich@RL.gov
> Subject: Re: Error OLD X-RAY SHOE-FITTING MACHINES ...
> Sender: radsafe@romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu
>
>      Does anyone recall the old x-ray shoe-fitting machines that were used
>      in the 30's and 40's?  Apparently these machines were powerful enough
>      to allow the fitter to see the bones of the feet and thus, ensure a
>      good fit.  I am particularly interested in any references anyone may
>      have to these machines, especially estimated doses to users.
>      As others may be interested please reply to RadSafe. Thanks.

As one of many here who spent a substantial amount of time on quite a number
of occassions wiggling my toes, I recommend you do a search on radsafe for
'fluoroscope', 'fluoro', and perhaps 'shoe'. There was especially a late '94
thread that had great info from John Moulder, Paul Frame, Ron Kathren, and
many others. I'll send a file of some of these that I saved if you like (and
save many hours unless others reproduce that info here).

Regards, Jim Muckerheide
jmuckerheide@delphi.com