Re: RADSAFE digest 1086

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Gerald  Feldman wrote:

> Following that line of reasoning, I would suppose that one would have to use
> kilo-micro-curie to avoid confusing millicurie with microcurie.  I don't
> know how poor these sound powered phones are, but the "pi" in pico is
> pronounced  as the word  "pea", not "pie" {;-) .

>   Gerald Feldman
>   E-mail: gfeldman@uci.edu

Part of the problem in the Navy is that many of those on the sound-powered
phones have little or no training in the sciences and, therefore, don't
know how to pronounce pico.  This refers to the non-nukes.  Coaners for
you bubble heads like me.

 | Gary Masters    gmasters@csn.net    http://www.csn.net/~gmasters |
 |        Visit my homepage for further contact information.        |