EMI and Electronic Products

Hello, everyone.

I recently read with interest the thread on electromagnetic field
interference and electronic products. Today I received a letter from the
FDA which sites 5 instances where EMI has affected the operation of
medical and other electronic devices. The FDA is planning a
teleconference on this issue in mid-1997. Their home page
(http://www.fda.gov/cdrh) will soon have information on it, listed under
"Program Areas."

The letter gives a listing of references discussing Electromagnetic
Compatibility (EMC) and a phone number for additional information
(1-800-638-2041), Division of Small Manufacturer's Assistance,
Communications Section.

Have a good one.

Donald P. Mercado, O/47-20, B/101      PROFS Nickname: DMERCADO
Radiation Safety Officer        Internet: Don@LMSC.Lockheed.com
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space            Tel. (408) 742-0759
Sunnyvale, Ca 94089                         Fax. (408) 742-0611