Re: Answers to Electronic Dosimetry Operability Checks

At 07:54 AM 9/24/96 -0500, Jamie Mallon wrote:
>About a week ago I posted a request for information about how
>operability checks for electronic dosimetry are performed.

We use the RADOS electronic dosimeter which sounds the audible alarm when it
is source checked by the reader.  We have had problems with workers shoving
paper wads into the speaker and rendering them useless.  Many workers are
not trained to listen for the audible alarm check. We are also sensitive to
workers who wear the devices in high noise areas and have a number of tygon
tube ear devices that can be run from the speaker tube to the wearer's ear.

    _/  Tony Hedges       _/
   _/  RPT Instructor    _/
  _/  loui19@vcomm.net  _/