Re: Accelerator Monitoring

Sunil, you wrote
>   I am interested in knowing how high energy X-ray doserates
produced in pulses, can be measured. We have a 450 MeV electron synchrotron
about to start operation, where such high energy  X ray monitoring would be
needed.The pulse duration is 1 microsecond and repeats every few seconds.

XETEX used to manufacture the 303B Pacer. This was a small exposure rate monitor
designed for pulsed fields. The energy response using a composite pin diode/NaI
detector was listed as 60 keV to 1.3 MeV but it might still  be worth a call.
They might have data for higher energies. The person to talk to there would be
Grant Whitacre at 408-745-6650 ext. 324. His fax number is 745-6775.

I haven't seen one or used one but I had an older data sheet for it and it
sounds like it might do the trick.

Jeff Sawyer
Eberline Instruments
505-471-3232 ext. 237