Electron Beam device

We have received a request from a company to import a
device for the destruction of volatile organic compounds by electron
beam bombardment.

The electron energy that the unit is capable of is 200kV at
20milliamp.  Safety features include lead shielding,  interlocks to the reaction
chamber and access panels, and a  monitor interlocked to shut down the
high voltage and beam if normal background radiation increases.

As we have no experience with this type of device, I am seeking
information or advice on performance characteristics or any special
considerations that may apply to this type of equipment.

Thanks in advance.

Leif Dahlskog
Scientific Officer
Radiation Health Section