Closeout of a Low-level Waste Landfill

I am looking for anybody who has been successful in
closing out a low-level waste landfill (without digging it up) or
who is in the process of closing one out and may have some
information and lessons learned.  The landfill that I am
working with was active from the late 1950's until the early
1980's, has decent but presumably incomplete disposal
records, and, to make things interesting, may have some
RCRA constituents in it.  It has already undergone an RFI
investigation for EPA, geophysics, etc,. so I am mainly
looking at the performance assessment aspect as well as
long term management, capping, stabilization, loss of
institutional controls . . . whatever applies.

Although I am working within DOE, NRC (or international for
that matter) experience would be helpful also.

Please respond to me personally at:

Craig D. Brown
cbrown@envc.sandia.gov
(505)284-2107